Sunday, November 30, 2003

I’ve come across these “100 things about me” pages that people have on their blogs. And since I’m supposed to be studying and trying to find something else to do it seems like a perfect alternative. So here you go.

100 Things About Me

1. I was born at 3:58am on a Wednesday.
2. Probably every person I have ever met has commented on my name.
3. I have blueish eyes that change depending on my clothing or how much sleep I’ve received.
4. There is also a yellowish ring around them that freaks some people out.
5. I’m 5’10.
6. My sister who is three years younger than me is almost 6 feet tall.
7. I don’t know my weight because we don’t have a scale.
8. Music is very important to me.
9. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t live without it.
10. I'm going to Europe when I graduate.*edit* I am NOW in Europe!
11. I have been looking forward to it since high school.
12. I’m still not sure I’ll ever come back.
13. I love hockey.
14. I wish I could play.
15. I love to sing and have been doing it for as long as I can remember.
16. I will continue to do it until I die.
17. It is one of the things that makes me truly happy.
18. I have a horrible memory.
19. That gets even worse when I drink.
20. My friends are very important to me.
21. I’m afraid of basements.
22. I had an unhealthy obsession with U2.
23. Especially The Edge.
24. When I was 8 I ran away.
25. And got as far as the next block.
26. I then locked myself in the bathroom and decided I would run away to there.
27. I’ve moved 6 times in the last 3 years and about to move again. *edit* up to 9 in 5 years - don't think that's so bad though
28. Out of these 6 times, 4 have been in the same town.
29. I once broke my nose by running face first into a glass door.
30. I also broke my toe by kicking a wall.
31. The only other things I’ve broken are fingers.
32. I started playing piano before I was 4.
33. I love to write.
34. I hope to have something published someday.
35. When I was young I had 9 consecutive hamsters that were all named Skippy.
36. I now have a cat named Zooey.
37. I’m getting a degree in Environmental Science. *edit* Done and done...
38. Then I hope to teach Outdoor Education.
39. Although I’d be content being a stay at home mom.
40. I don’t tell a lot of people that.
41. I’m a klutz.
42. Which is ironic since I danced for the better part of my life.
43. I have long brown hair.
44. I'm learning sign language.
45. In high school I was embarrassingly addicted to Dawson’s Creek.
46. I love cottage cheese, olives, chocolate ice cream, and grape juice.
47. The smell and sight of beets will make me vomit.
48. I don’t get along with my mother very well.
49. That makes me sad.
50. I’m in love with Ewan McGregor.
51. I used to waitress.
52. I once split my hand open on a piece of glass during work and didn’t notice until someone pointed out all the blood.
53. My ears stick out.
54. I want to live near water.
55. I love to read.
56. Picking my favourite author is impossible, but I like Douglas Coupland, J.D. Salinger, and Timothy Findley.
57. My sister and I used to set up a vegetable stand on our sidewalk.
58. The most we ever made was 11 dollars.
59. I get sick a lot.
60. I’m not a girly girl.
61. Although I do like to dress up sometimes.
62. I hate picking favourite musicians since I have a different one everyday.
63. I have one tattoo.
64. I like it and might get another.
65. I’ve been a vegetarian since I visited Better Beef in high school.
66. The best response to that fact has been “well that’s a shame”.
67. I ended up falling for the guy who said that.
68. I love the outdoors.
69. I went to my high school prom with one of my best friends.
70. We accidentally wore the same colour dress.
71. I’m a huge Star Wars and Star Trek nerd.
72. I don’t have any grandparents and we don’t talk to many of our other relatives.
73. When I was a kid I was jealous of my friends with big extended families.
74. Rumour has it I have some Native American blood in me.
75. I hate getting black on my fingers from newspapers and I also hate cell phones. *edit* Oops now I own one
76. I love stargazing.
77. I had braces for 5 years.
78. I tend to be quiet in a group of people.
79. With my close friends though I’m far from quiet.
80. I used to be Catholic.
81. I’m unsure about religion.
82. I can’t wait to have children.
83. But I don’t plan on settling down for quite a few years.
84. My dad calls me Emi.
85. He and my friend Bec are the only ones allowed to do that.
86. I wear my sandals as much as I can, it’s only when it snows do I stop.
87. I like traditions.
88. I love rainy, cloudy, thundering weather.
89. I think life would be better if it were a musical.
90. I’m a packrat.
91. My favourite thing when I was a kid was playing in the sprinkler with my sister.
92. When I’m older I want a cottage.
93. I’m a bit of a slob.
94. I ran track and cross-country for 7 years.
95. The only real scar I have is on my elbow.
96. I got it from a girl taking me out at the plate in softball.
97. I once got knocked out cold while playing capture the flag.
98. This happened because the boy I had a crush on tripped me and I hit my head on a garbage can.
99. That’s a funnier story now that I think about it.
100. I get really excited about life sometimes.